Autumn/Winter 2023/24 Vaccination Delivery Program
We are now taking bookings for Covid boooster vaccinations & seasonal flu vaccinations.
We are contacting patients in groups via SMS where possible, attaching a link to book an appointment in a vaccination clinic.
We are also contacting patients via telephone, so please do not worry if you do not have a mobile number on your records.
Patients can also contact the surgery prior to receiving an SMS to book an appointment.
Patients must meet the following criteria to be eligible.
This years Autumn Booster will be available to the following cohorts:
- Residents in a care home for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- Persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a qualifying clinical risk group
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers and staff working in care homes for older adults
As in previous years the covid vaccination can be co-administered at the same time as the flu vaccination. Guidance recommends that this is the optimum way to protect patients from covid and flu this winter. However, there will be an option to have the vaccinations given seperately where patients would prefer.