Cancel an appointment
This online form is a quick way of cancelling your appointment without having to call the surgery.
How it works
We will ask a few questions about the appointment details and then cancel it for you.
Please try to cancel at least 24 hours in advance. This will help us to give the appointment to another patient.
To cancel your appointment we will need to ask you for:
- The appointment date
- Your name, date of birth and postcode
- Your contact details and preference
We’ll also ask for your NHS number, but it’s not essential you have this.
How to find your NHS number
An NHS number is a 10 digit number, like 485 777 3456.
You can find your NHS number by logging in to a GP online service or on any document the NHS has sent you, such as your:
- test results
- hospital referral letters
- appointment letters
Ask your GP surgery for help if you can't find your NHS number.
Call 999 if you have any of these symptoms
- loss of consciousness
- fits that are not stopping
- chest pain
- breathing difficulties
- severe bleeding that cannot be stopped
- severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis)
- severe burns or scalds
- someone has seriously injured themselves or taken an overdose